By Guofeng You, Marilyn E. Morris, Binghe Wang
This re-creation overviews drug transporters and offers the rules of drug delivery and linked ideas, that includes new chapters on multidrug and toxin extrusion proteins, placental transport, in silico methods in drug discovery, and regulatory counsel for drug delivery reports in drug development.
• Describes drug transporter households, mechanisms, and scientific implications in addition to experimental tools for learning and characterizing drug transporters
• Includes new chapters on multidrug and toxin extrusion proteins, placental shipping and in silico ways in drug discovery
• Has a brand new bankruptcy overlaying regulatory assistance for the evaluate of drug delivery in drug improvement with worldwide standards used for drug transporters in medical trials
• Arranges fabric to move from basic mechanisms to scientific results, making the e-book worthy for beginner and specialist readers
Read or Download Drug Transporters. Molecular Characterization and Role in Drug Disposition PDF
Similar physical education and sport books
Many newly constructing fields of technological know-how and engineering, together with nanotechnology, protein engineering, microfluidics, and so on. , require an in-depth molecular knowing and outline of topic. Molecular Thermodynamics and shipping Phenomena: Complexities of Scales in area and Time offers a rigorous molecular and statistical mechanical foundation for the classical primary molecular description of subject.
The cleaning soap opera, one in all U. S. television's longest-running and such a lot influential codecs, is at the verge of collapse. Declining scores were attributed to increasingly more girls operating open air the house and to an intensifying pageant for audience' cognizance from cable and the web. but, soaps' impression has extended, with serial narratives changing into normal on such a lot best time television courses.
Opposite to the white man's early expectancies, the Indian tribes of North the USA neither vanished nor assimilated. regardless of nearly 400 years of touch with the dominant--and frequently domineering--Western civilization, local american citizens have maintained their cultural identification, the scale, social association, and often the positioning in their inhabitants, and their particular place prior to the legislations.
- The Way of the Iceman
- Current Topics in Membranes & Transport Vol. 23: Genes & Proteins: Transport Proteins & Receptors
- Land Trusts in Florida (Legal Survival Guides)
- At the Margins of the Renaissance: Lazarillo De Tormes and the Picaresque Art of Survival
- Review of Developments in Transport in the ESCAP Region 2003: Asia and the Pacific
- Maximilian Voloshin and the Russian Literary Circle: Culture and Survival in Revolutionary Times
Extra info for Drug Transporters. Molecular Characterization and Role in Drug Disposition
Jonker JW, Schinkel AH. 2004. Pharmacological and physiological functions of the polyspeciﬁc organic cation transporters: OCT1, 2, and 3 (SLC22A1-3). J Pharmacol Exp Ther 308(1):2–9. 33. Kimura N, Masuda S, Tanihara Y, Ueo H, Okuda M, Katsura T, Inui K. 2005. Metformin is a superior substrate for renal organic cation transporter OCT2 rather than hepatic OCT1. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 20(5):379–386. 34. Bourdet DL, Pritchard JB, Thakker DR. 2005. Differential substrate and inhibitory activities of ranitidine and famotidine toward human organic cation transporter 1 (hOCT1; SLC22A1), hOCT2 (SLC22A2), and hOCT3 (SLC22A3).
J Biol Chem 272(16):10408–10413. 6. Mooslehner KA, Allen ND. 1999. Cloning of the mouse organic cation transporter 2 gene, Slc22a2, from an enhancer-trap transgene integration locus. Mamm Genome 10(3):218– 224. 7. Schweifer N, Barlow DP. 1996. The Lx1 gene maps to mouse chromosome 17 and codes for a protein that is homologous to glucose and polyspeciﬁc transmembrane transporters. Mamm Genome 7(10):735–740. 8. Terashita S, Dresser MJ, Zhang L, Gray AT, Yost SC, Giacomini KM. 1998. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a rabbit renal organic cation transporter.
5. 3. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Conclusions References Drug Transporters: Molecular Characterization and Role in Drug Disposition, Edited by Guofeng You and Marilyn E. Morris Copyright C 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1. INTRODUCTION Carnitine (3-hydroxy-4-N -trimethylaminobutyric acid), a zwitterion, is an essential cofactor in the metabolism of lipids and consequently in the production of cellular energy. 1 It is involved in transfer of the products of peroxisomal ␤-oxidation to mitochondria. In humans, l-carnitine is obtained from dietary sources, primarily meat and dairy products, and produced endogenously from the amino acids lysine and methionine, with both sources contributing to plasma and tissue levels.